September 14, 2012

Mrrf

Diesel makes a lot of noises. He whines and grunts and snores and makes a "mrrf" sound. Even my huskies don't make so much noise!

Sometimes he will look at me and mrrf and whine. I'm not sure why. Boredom? Frustration? Attention seeking?

He also talks to Denali quite a bit, and sometimes they "sing" together. In this case there was an elk antler chew involved but sometimes they'll lay on the floor shaking their heads around playing "Bitey Face" as I call it, and singing to each other. 

Diesel often makes noises when he sleeps too. He snorts, snores, barks, and with those big floppy drool-filled jowls of his he sounds like a horse.


For the noises he makes, particularly the mrrf noise, we have taken to calling him Mrrfy (Murphy) as a nickname. He responds to it, but he's such a people pleaser that I'm sure he'd respond to any word if you said it excitedly!

No comments:

Post a Comment