January 11, 2013

Photos and Diesel Update

The latest news on Diesel is that he will be staying with us until his owner returns. This is because she's supposed to be coming home soon!! Her deployment is most likely going to end within the next several weeks. Supposed to.. most likely.. as a military wife myself, I'm well aware that nothing is for sure until it's actually happening but for now it looks very likely. It's stressful for a dog to move to a new home and I see no reason to do it with the owner coming home so soon. Even though it's not set in stone yet and haven't even notified the organization, we're not looking for a new foster. Diesel and Kaytu have been getting along much better too. I'm not sure if it's more that he's learning to back off, or that she's being more tolerant. Probably some of both. He still doesn't fit well with us and I wish we could have gotten a foster back when I started harassing the organization back in July. Yes, over 5 months ago. I will never work with the organization again. His heart is in the right place but it's very unorganized and unprofessional. Not only did I have to take it upon myself to try to find a new foster, but I haven't even been reimbursed for expenses since summer and am owed almost $500. That's quite a chunk to be missing from our bank account. Nothing gets done in the organization unless you pester and harass, and even then progress is painfully and aggravatingly slow.

Ok enough ranting, it's picture time! Diesel is looking great, and his wounds are almost invisible now!




Denali is pretty as ever.




Kaytu insisted on smelling the breeze and rolling around but I managed to get a few decent shots.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment