December 7, 2013

Shelter Journal 12/5/13

Gumdrop! Never had him out before but he was really great. Nice, not much jumping, loves to catch tennis balls, walks around in the pool, takes treats nicely, knows sit. He does chomp for toys if you hand them to him but that was the only thing I saw that will need a little work. Fantastic boy.
Photo from SDDAC
Crouton! This puppy is getting kind of out of control. It sucks that he's been growing up at a shelter. He is *so* obsessed with toys that I could not get any attention from him at all until I'd picked them all up. Then he spent several minutes looking for toys or something else to do. He's extremely playful, active, curious, and adventurous. He knows sit and down, but was so worked up and full of energy that he was paw swiping and smacking my hand when I offered treats.
My photo, now on SDDAC
Nina! Very anxious to get out, and jumped against the kennel door which slammed hard into my head. The perks of volunteering! I'm fine, she calmed down enough I could get in her kennel. She's strong on leash but walks much better on the way back after being able to run around a bit. In the yard she was so excited she even mounted my leg (general excitement can be expressed that way, it's not necessarily sexual). She had zoomies several times. Ones she'd calmed down I asked her to sit a few times. She takes treats really nicely.


Hennessy! Very jumpy on the kennel door which I don't want to reinforce further, so I turned my back to him and waited for him to stop jumping. There was a bit of stop and go but I managed to open the kennel while he was keeping all 4 feet on the floor. He pulls on leash and is a little rough taking treats, but is really playful with toys.
Photo from SDDAC
Last I got out a new dog, she's listed as a husky mix. I see husky and lab. She's been named Bree. Very sweet girl, wanted to play with the dog next to us in the yard, didn't want to chase toys, seemed to enjoy being brushed and petted.
Photo from SDDAC
And that was it for a short day!

Higgins update: I'm driving Higgins to the rescue foster home on Monday. I'm excited for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment