March 16, 2012

Bikes and Eggs

The girls are really enjoying our bike rides to and from the park. Kaytu runs so much faster that I have to brake almost the entire time so Denali can keep up and stay in front. I'm sure Kaytu appreciates our separate bike rides where she can run as fast as she wants. Hopefully I can also put the neckline on soon to keep them side-by-side. When I've previously tried it Denali refuses to move, which means Kaytu has to try to pull her, which makes Denali plant her feet even harder. Stubborn girl! I'm also trying to encourage Denali to actually pull, as I'm still having to use the flexi-lead.

Typically my view behind them looks about like this.


Denali on the left, Kaytu on the right.

I attached a GorillaPod to the handlebars yesterday to record our journey to the dog park. It's 1.5 miles. The camera ran out of recording space at about 1.4 miles. It's a long video, but the fastest running is in the beginning for about 3 minutes until we get to the intersection, and then at 7:00 when we hit the dirt trail.



On the way home the bike, named Dani, had a bit of a problem. Fortunately we were only 4 houses away so I didn't have far to walk. I experienced a little bit of chain suck. By a little bit, I mean a lot, and it's jammed so bad I can't get it undone. I'll have to take it apart. I also need new pedals, brakes, and a general tune up. I'll be busy giving her some much needed attention.




In other news, Kaytu broke her first egg today all by herself! Typically I jam the blunt end of a fork through it to get her started but today I wanted to see if she could do it herself. I've been feeding them outside since the weather has been really nice. She decided that using her paws to drag the egg across sharp stones was the way to do it. Every dog figures out their own unique way. Some dogs drop them on the ground, some chomp down into them, some nibble an end until it breaks, some stomp on it with their paw.



Kaytu


No comments:

Post a Comment