November 21, 2013

Shelter Journal 11/19/13

Shep was adopted from south!!! I was worried when I didn't see him on the website since he's been there since June 17th. I've been working *so* hard with him. He started out very aloof, distant, and would not pay attention to me at all. Did not want to play with toys, didn't care about being petted, and wouldn't take treats. Over the last few weeks he's been getting more playful and connecting with me. I got a new photo of him, and tada!! ADOPTED!!!!! Shep was known as the most housebroken dog at south. I swear he'd hold it for days when he didn't get out. Then he'd pee and pee and poop and pee and poop and pee and pee. Once he pooped 5 times when he hadn't been out in a few days.
New photo I took

Old photo

Playing!!
He was in his kennel so I peeked in and told him to be a good boy and bye!

I'm gonna rush through some other ones I got out. Fiona I had in the yard for a bit then took her for a walk. She has pretty good leash walking skills but being a Cane Corso (listed as Neo Mastiff but is a CC) she is a big dog and needs outstanding leash skills.

Fiona, photo (C) SDDAC
Fiona has been adopted twice and returned twice. She's looking MUCH better than when she first came in, she was a walking skeleton. This is before:
 
And now, much better!


Kaia, I spent about 20 minutes or so brushing her and trying to get some mats out from under her chin. Very sweet girl.
Kaia, photo (C) SDDAC
 Taz, pulls incredibly hard on leash so I took him for a walk to work on that.
Taz, photo (C) SDDAC
 No name but I submitted "Izzy." She was never officially named because she got adopted!!
Photo (C) SDDAC
 Her shelter photo is sad looking but really she was *very* sweet and wanted to be right next to me!



Dolly, who I thought may be deaf. Medical doesn't think so. She was sleeping and didn't wake up when I unlocked or opened her kennel, or when I banged on the side of the kennel. I tossed treats on her to wake her up, and in the yard I wasn't convinced she could hear me but it's tough to tell with distractions. She loved rubbing on my legs like a cat!

Dolly, photo (C) SDDAC

Dolly, photo (C) SDDAC

No comments:

Post a Comment