November 13, 2013

Shelter Journal update 11/13/13

I've been skipping doing my journal here, it becomes tedious. But I do want to remember the dogs I interact with and what goes on! After a failed foster attempt (she was later taken to the Humane Society, which is no-kill) I took the next week off. I needed to emotionally rest. It's easy to get burned out at the shelter and I am very aware of how I'm feeling. Most days I look forward to going to the shelter. Some days my jaw is tight and I swallow hard thinking about going in, and on those days I skip. I went the following week on Tuesday and Thursday, then last week one of my best friends came to visit so I didn't go in. Which bring us to this week!

Yesterday I took my camera in, it really is a nice change of pace. I also get to do good training having the dogs sit, stay, and/or make eye contact, and getting action shots of them playing and chasing toys is fun. I emailed in some of the photos for dogs that really needed better pics and they've been updated.

Hennessy
 

Shep
 

New website photo for Shep!

Old photo of Shep
Annie
Maypo



Crouton
 



Cropped, new photo for Crouton!
Old photo of Crouton
Nina
 


Lizzy
 

New photo for Lizzy!
Old photo of Lizzy
Hazel
 



Bossie
New photo for Bossie!
Old photo of Bossie
Sadie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment