December 16, 2014

Updating Cat Photos at the Shelter

Normally with my time at the shelter I am working with the dogs. Interacting, playing, training, and taking photos to update their intake photo. Today was one of the rare days in San Diego that it was raining and as the shelter is an outdoor shelter I wasn't keen on walking around in the rain all day.

Lately there have been a few people teaming up to get better control of the Petfinder pages and we have a goal of having a page up for every available animal. That's a huge task, considering how many hundreds of animals are at the shelter I volunteer at which is just one of the three county shelters! So today with the rain I thought I'd go check out the cats. We have about 50 available cats. In two hours I was able to photograph 22 cats (one of which isn't available yet) and I only stopped because my camera battery died. It was a lot of fun and a great change of pace!

Here are the updated intake photos, showing the intake photo and the cat's new photo(s).



Zoey already had a good photo!
 

Some cats are more cooperative than others.
 







This guy was sick so I didn't want to open his kennel.
 



This guy was also sick with some nasal discharge. Look at those pretty eyes!
Another adorable, uncooperative cat.


This cat is unavailable, she has a microchip and her owner has been notified that she
is at the shelter. Hopefully they come for her!

Here are some of my favorite photos of the day. Click to enlarge!
Mama Mia
Cairo
 

Tori
Lola
Boo Boo. Even though it's out of focus, it cracks me up!
Tabitha
Daffodil


No comments:

Post a Comment