July 17, 2013

Shelter Journal 7/16/13

Kayla first [Petfinder] as she is housebroken. She hadn't been out in a couple days and again she peed and peed for a long time, and pooped twice. Poor girl! She is so sweet though and on Friday the videographer is going to get some good video of her to help promote her.
Photo from SDDAC
Zoey next [Petfinder], she hadn't been out in over a week. I've gotten her out a couple times and she is a really fun, nice dog. She was understandably very excited and was pulling pretty hard on leash. In the yard she didn't want to play much but had fun sniffing and running around. She really wanted to go for a walk and any time I moved toward the gate would rush over expectantly. I let her burn some energy in the yard first, and then when we did walk it was short and she hopped from shady spot to shady spot before flopping over on some cool concrete for a good 5 minutes. So hot!
Sitting like the good girl she is.
And excitedly jumping, wanting to go for a walk!

I also got Mandy out again [Petfinder]. She was a pain in the butt at first, being a big spaz but I expected it as she hadn't been out in almost TWO WEEKS. Two weeks!! Once in the yard and had had a chance to run for a couple minutes she was so much better and was a the cuddle bug I remembered her being. Amazingly sweet dog.
Photo from SDDAC

 Summer was next [Petfinder], a pittie I haven't gotten out before. She could really use a new shelter photo, it doesn't do her justice at all. She was shedding like crazy so I spent most of the time brushing her, and in between brushing would toss toys and have her run around.
Photo from SDDAC
Then I got out an old GSD named Daisy [no link]. She pulled hard on leash, and nobody has ever taught her any manners or trained her at all as far as I can tell. She puts her pwas up, jumps up, pulls on leash and weaves back and forth. That can all be worked on and changed, but you cannot change a dog's personality and in that area she shines. Even for an old lady she has a sparkle in her eye, she is charismatic and surprisingly playful and agile. As with Summer I spent the entire time brushing as much as I could. Her fur was rough, sticky, and unpleasant to start (where she has fur to even be brushed) but after a good brushing she looked so much more attractive. I've been brushing the dogs a lot lately with it getting hotter, all the double coated breeds are blowing coat.
 
 
 
 
 
Photo from SDDAC

Last was Stubby, a Border Collie/Pembroke Welsh Corgi mix [no link]. Fortunately he loved being brushed because that's what I did. For about 45 minutes. He had so much undercoat shedding out and looked like nobody had groomed him in months. I got a mountain of fur out and he loved every moment. Probably feels much better now!
Itch itch itch!
Photo from SDDAC

No comments:

Post a Comment