July 12, 2013

Shelter Journal 7/9/13

A couple days late, I've been busy! I didn't go to the shelter today as it was a little rainy. Tuesday was really hot and I only spent an hour and a half there, so didn't have each dog out very long.

Started with Kayla [Petfinder link] as she is housebroken and had not been out in a couple days. She peed and peed and peed and then pooped twice, and I'm wondering if she may have been holding it since she was last out. I did create a form to write down housebroken dogs, and a staff member was kind enough to show me how to laminate so we can keep the list up and running.
Photo from SDDAC
Near Kayla is Princess [no link] a little Siberian Husky. She must have been adopted- no surprise from me!- as I no longer see her on the website or Petfinder. She was very sweet, did not want to play or chase or do anything but cuddle up and lean on me to be brushed. Her color is exactly like Kaytu's, but this girl had amber eyes. She must have been no more than 30 lbs, little for an adult husky!

Next I got out Mandy. She was snoozing in the kennel but had not been out in over a week. She woke up as I was placing my "out for a walk" card and unlocking the kennel. In the yard she never stopped moving. Playing, chasing toys, having a blast! Very sweet girl, and after running around a bit just wanted belly rubs.


Photo from SDDAC
Last was Lollie [Petfinder link]. She was very sweet as well, and was enjoying being wetted down with the hose. Immediately following that she would roll and roll and roll.





Photo from SDDAC

No comments:

Post a Comment