September 18, 2013

Technical Issues and Shelter

Blogger has been refusing to let me post! Every time I try it says I've signed in from another location and I can't make posts here. It's been very irritating.

I have a lot to try to catch up on so I'll keep it simple. First, Sassy and Rugger! These two came in together and were kenneled together as the shelter is now more than 100 dogs over capacity. The little dogs are all 2-4 to a kennel and any bigger dogs that come in together stay together. Both these two have already been adopted. They had awesome personalities and were a lot of fun! Sassy is the red one and is a girl, Rugger is a boy and is the darker one.




Photo from SDDAC


Photo from SDDAC

 Yesterday I finally caved in and got this guy out, Macks [Petfinder link]. His photo on the county website kept screaming at me. He's soooo cute!! It was a great change of pace. He was responsive to me, liked treats, I started on teaching him to sit, he is a fantastic little dog.





Photo from SDDAC
The last dog I had out was on his last day of holding before being adoptable. His name is Oso. I saw him and my jaw dropped while at the same time my eyes lit up. I knew I could make a huge difference for him. He had so much loose fur!! I brushed him for over half an hour, probably closer to 45 minutes before he'd had enough and didn't want to be brushed anymore. He does look better and I plan to brush him more tomorrow. He needs to lose a lot of weight; he weighs 93.4 lbs!! Very heavy dog. He has a wad of fat on his chest, no belly tuck at all, he's quite overweight.
Before
Before
After


No comments:

Post a Comment