September 3, 2013

Sam

Today is my 25th birthday! I had a great birthday weekend with friends and the husband. Today husband has to be at work all afternoon and evening, and agility was canceled. I received an email from the same organization that took Sugar under their wing to help her get adopted. A 5 month old border collie puppy, Chelsea, at a shelter needed to be transported from there to her new foster home. If I'd had agility, I couldn't have done it. If husband would have been home, I couldn't have done it. But with circumstances being what they were, I could! Emails flew back and forth and a plan was in place. Part of the plan was a new name: Sam. I was able to sleep in, I ran a couple errands, then went to pick her up. I had seen one photo of Chelsea but it wasn't a very good one. She was smaller than I expected, and cute as a button! She'd been spayed this morning but didn't seem too doped up. She was walking fine and coherent. I was handed her paperwork and leash and walked out the door with her. I picked her up and put her in the crate in my car. She was clearly, and understandably, stressed but she was quiet and didn't make a peep. She laid down most of the time.
Original photo
In the back of my car.

At the foster home we got her right inside, I carried her so she wouldn't hurt herself having just been spayed and so we could get in a dark, calm, cool room as quickly as possible. This girlie has been through a lot the last few days. Owners who suggested she be euthanized, stressful days and nights in the shelter, surgery, a car ride, a new place to live. It's great that she can now relax! Sam will be available soon from ARRF (Animal Rescue Resource Foundation).

No comments:

Post a Comment