June 5, 2013

Shelter Journal 6/4/13

Yesterday (as today is the 5th) was a very hard day for me for many reasons, including learning that Diesel had to be put down. This is going to be pretty short but I do want to post.

I started with Davy [Petfinder link], in need of a happy boy.


Then Miko [Petfinder link]. All it said on his card was STRONG. He was, very. I wasn't getting good vibes from him, which certainly could have been due to my own emotions. Dogs easily pick up on when we're having off days. I stopped pressuring him to interact, got the camera out of his face, and then he really lightened up (as did I).
Photo from SDDAC
Third was Sugar [Petfinder link]. She had fun chasing toys but mostly wanted to be petted. It's been am amazing transformation for her with physical touch. At first the slightest touch sent her into jumping mode, and now she tucks under or between my legs, sits, and loves it. Too much is still overstimulating so I do nice calm, slow, massaging type petting.
 

Then Francesca, a little terrier mix. She has a bit of an underbite. She's well into adulthood and is no young pup but she had a lot of fun chasing and shaking toys. She started coughing a bit so I didn't have her out long and turned in a medical form for suspected kennel cough.
Photo from SDDAC

Next was Coco the pretty pittie [Petfinder link]. She had dried blood on the top of her head at the base of her ears, as well as on her cheeks. I saw no blood in the kennel. I took her out to the yard to see if I could figure out where it was coming from. The tips of both her ears were bleeding. Medical form again!

Photo from SDDAC
Final dog of the day was Bella, a boxer mix [Petfinder link]. She hadn't been out since May 24th. 11 days. Poor girlie was exploding with energy and is also a major jumper. I had to hold her collar putting the leash on and taking it off to avoid being headbutted in the face, and I made note on her card to not lean over her for the same reason. Very energetic but that's expected after so long being cooped up!!
Photo from SDDAC


No comments:

Post a Comment